PR director to retire
In June the emails from Nancy Young will cease as she retires from her position. Young has worked as the director of public relations since April 2009.
After graduating from Wake Forest University, Young worked in media relations for more than 40 years. Her professional journey caps here.
"Retirement gives me mixed emotions, but it’s time. I tell people I have a 99-year-old mother and a 16-year-old cat that lives with me, both of whom have similar health issues, both of whom would like me to be home all the time," she said.
Young has been involved with implementing strategies, working on the Centennial Capital Campaign, mentoring students and working with chancellors. "There’s several of the nonprofits here in town that I’ve been involved with. I’m going to try to make time to read again."
Young said she wants the students to continue to appreciate the opportunities they have at Winston-Salem State, to get a good education and to not take it for granted.
"WSSU is a special place and a lot of times students don’t appreciate that until they’ve left," she said.
"I’d like to see a continuing emphasis on customer service toward our students and to maintain and expand a commitment to providing a quality education."
To read more, visit www.thenewsargus.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More thenewsargus News Articles
Recent thenewsargus News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THENEWSARGUS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
RECENT THENEWSARGUS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- News Site Rantt Takes The Time to Get It Right
- The Opioid Crisis' Latest Victims: Addicted Babies
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards